Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_avneri
Community Member

Importing and archiving

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good process for the following scenario: Course B has content that has been completed by students. I wish to import new content from Course A into course B and then archive/make invisible the old content in course B but with the following points:

• Retaining course B student completion data & analytics and therefore not overwriting any old content in course B
  • Making the old content in course B invisible to students - obvious answer is to un-publish this content but you can't un-publish it if students have completed the activity / made submissions etc.

Many thanks

Joe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ahh... that makes sense, but definitely makes accomplishing what you want a challenge. Given the parameters you have to work with, I'm not seeing a way to make this happen. Hopefully someone else has some ideas or suggestions!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@j_avneri , greetings! Canvas was not really designed to do what you'd like it to do. As you noted, once students have submitted assignments, etc you can't unpublish them, you can only delete them to archive or make the content invisible. Yet, doing this will remove the completion data and analytics. Is there a reason you can't add the students to Course A and then conclude Course B and hide the entire course from students (which is possible and would retain the integrity of submissions/analytics/etc)?

Kona

j_avneri
Community Member

Hi  @kona ‌

Thanks for responding to my post so quickly, much appreciated.  Course B is a training course for staff and we want to be able keep the completion data & analytics all in one place and also not change the the existing URL for this course as it's populated across a variety of areas.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Ahh... that makes sense, but definitely makes accomplishing what you want a challenge. Given the parameters you have to work with, I'm not seeing a way to make this happen. Hopefully someone else has some ideas or suggestions!

0 Kudos