Inactivated students

Jump to solution
jheder
Community Novice

I have three students who are in my class actively participating and when entering grades last night I noticed they were missing from my class rosters and I no longer have access to enter grades for them.They are now listed as inactive.  I can still see them in skyward and can input their grades in skyward and canvas is still pushing assignments (like if I add an assignment it will post to skyward for them) for these students to skyward but not allow me to see them or enter grades on canvas. Is there a way to inactivate them so I can put their grades in canvas? 

1 Solution
dwillmore
Community Champion

We make students inactive when they drop a class through our SIS system.  At times our process for provisioning Canvas has a hiccup requiring me to manually activate the student in Canvas.   We don't allow faculty to make a student inactive or active in Canvas.

It sounds like your students should still be active in your course as they are active in your Skyward system.  If you go to People in Canvas and click the three-dot vertical ellipses to the right of your student's name there, you will see the ability to 're-activate' if you have the permission to do so.   If you don't, contact your LMS administrator.

View solution in original post