cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angie_willis
Community Member

Incorrect student submission to assignment page

Jump to solution

If a student submits the wrong assignment to an assignment page, is there a way for either the student or the teacher to delete that individual submission?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @angie_willis  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  It isn't possible to delete a student submission, but a student can submit an assignment as many times as they like.  In SpeedGrader, the most recent submission will be what appears by default and an instructor can change this to view previous submissions if he/she wishes.  There is an idea open for this functionality (see https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10251" modifiedtitle="true" title="Allow Students to Delete Un...).  As I mentioned in the thread of this idea, I understand the desire for this functionality but also have some concerns if it were possible.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @angie_willis  and welcome to the Canvas Community!  It isn't possible to delete a student submission, but a student can submit an assignment as many times as they like.  In SpeedGrader, the most recent submission will be what appears by default and an instructor can change this to view previous submissions if he/she wishes.  There is an idea open for this functionality (see https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10251" modifiedtitle="true" title="Allow Students to Delete Un...).  As I mentioned in the thread of this idea, I understand the desire for this functionality but also have some concerns if it were possible.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

arosine
Community Member

We are using CANVAS to grade students end of the semester voice juries and the assignments uploaded are simply an information form.  However, we have two grading rubrics and have created two assignment options for students to submit their form.  Some students do not follow instructions well and have uploaded their form to the wrong assignment and we/they have no way to remove it.  The students can upload to the correct assignment, but having their form in two places may cause some confusion with faculty. 

kathrynmccullou
Community Member

Thank you and yes, I also figured it out on my own after I reviewed how I entered the assignment.  Thankfully I stated unlimited submissions!