cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shapcr

Inserting a link into a sentence

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to insert a link into sentence, but have it be in my own words.  For example, instead of having the hyperlink as part of the sentence, I would like it to be something that could be highlighted and clicked on.  This would take the user to the site I am interested in. 

Thanks Craig

2 Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@shapcr ​, if I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to customize the hyperlink so that it consists of words rather than the URL. For example:

Mr. Shapiro recommends the use of this search engine for Internet searches.

rather than

Mr. Shapiro recommends the use of www.google.com for internet searches.

This is easily accomplished in the Canvas Rich Content Editor. Simply type your sentence in your own words, highlight the words you want to make "clickable," click on the chain (hyperlink) symbol in the RCE, and insert the URL (web address). Remember to click Save to save your work. You'll find detailed instructions here: How do I create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor?

View solution in original post

Thanks you so much Kona! This is exactly what I am looking for.

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@shapcr ​, if I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to customize the hyperlink so that it consists of words rather than the URL. For example:

Mr. Shapiro recommends the use of this search engine for Internet searches.

rather than

Mr. Shapiro recommends the use of www.google.com for internet searches.

This is easily accomplished in the Canvas Rich Content Editor. Simply type your sentence in your own words, highlight the words you want to make "clickable," click on the chain (hyperlink) symbol in the RCE, and insert the URL (web address). Remember to click Save to save your work. You'll find detailed instructions here: How do I create a hyperlink in the Rich Content Editor?

Thanks you so much Kona! This is exactly what I am looking for.

Craig