I recently integrated H5P with Canvas (I'm on a free trial with H5P) and love the way I can put in multiple quiz questions together in one activity so only 1 thing to grade. For example, my assignment goes something like this:
- content to read
- 2 multiple choice questions where they get immediate feedback as to whether right or wrong, and a chance to retry.
- more content to read
- 4 multiple choice questions, again getting that immediate feedback as they answer each question and a chance to retry
- more content to read
- a video
- a drag and drop with immediate feedback and a chance to retry.
I was showing this to another teacher and she insisted she can do all that right in Canvas quizzes. I know that I can insert content to read, videos, and multiple choice questions in Canvas quizzes, but as far as I know the student have to complete and submit the entire thing just to find out that they got question 1 wrong. Then they have to redo the entire thing just to fix that 1 question they got wrong. She insisted they can answer one question at a time and get the feedback as to whether right or wrong as they go. She said all I have to do is change my settings in Canvas. What am I missing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello there, @arary ...
Unfortunately, I think your colleague is mistaken. I do not believe that immediate feedback after answering quiz questions is possible. In fact, in current Classic Quizzes, there really isn't any more work being done on this part of Canvas, as Instructure is now devoting time to their new quizzing engine called New Quizzes. In searching through topics here in the Community, I found some past discussion topics that seem to support my thinking:
- Solved: Immediate feedback as students take a quiz - Canvas Community
- Solved: Quiz Question immediate feedback - Canvas Community
- Solved: Practice quizzes with immediate feedback after eac... - Canvas Community
- Solved: Immediate question feedback - Canvas Community
And finally, this is a Feature Idea that you might want to look through:
If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something that you'd like to see Instructure engineers develop in Canvas, you might consider giving it a star rating and add a comment to the bottom letting them know why this kind of feature would be important to you.
I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question. Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks! Take care, stay safe, and be well.