cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blong
Community Participant

Instructor reminders for "on paper" submissions

Jump to solution

One of my instructors is teaching f2f and hybrid(flipped) classes for two colleges.  She just pointed out an issue she's having with Canvas at both colleges.  When she has an assignment with the submission type "on paper", she doesn't get a reminder in the to-do list for grading.  I thought it appeared if there was a due date, but apparently not.  Am I missing something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@blong ​, I just tested this out by creating an "on paper" submission type assignment with a due date of today. It's true that the assignment doesn't appear in the to-do list--because if I'm not mistaken, that list is triggered by submissions. However, the assignment immediately appeared in my "Coming Up" list that appears directly underneath:

on-paper-to-do-vs-coming-up.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@blong ​, I just tested this out by creating an "on paper" submission type assignment with a due date of today. It's true that the assignment doesn't appear in the to-do list--because if I'm not mistaken, that list is triggered by submissions. However, the assignment immediately appeared in my "Coming Up" list that appears directly underneath:

on-paper-to-do-vs-coming-up.png

View solution in original post

blong
Community Participant

Thanks Stefanie.  I missed that.  I'll send her that way.