Instructor unable to see submitted photos (IOS 6.9.2.)

Jump to solution
LuisPintoDeSa
Community Member

Hi (this is a repost, since it seems that the original post has disappeared),

I am a student who just took a test on the Canvas Ipad App (version 6.9.2.) yesterday. The test consisted in 8 pdfs files (each one page of the test) that we had to print, fill out and then submit a photo/scan of each page. There were therefore 8 submit buttons, one for each page. I submitted photos of the pages by using the camera functionality that pops up when one clicks on the submit button (which is conveninent, since it avoids having to leave the Canvas app to take a picture). In each case I waited for the green text underneath that notifies the user that the photo/file has been submitted sucessfully.

Today my instructor has told me that she does not see any images attached to the submission. Can someone please look into this? I have submitted a ticket but no response so far. This is quite serious, since this test represents a significant portion of the final grade.

Also, the instructor has asked me for timestamped photos of those pages. However, I do not see these on my Ipad anywhere, including in the "Files" on the Canvas app. Are these photos stored somewhere that I could retrieve or are they permanently lost?

Please and thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
rseilham
Community Champion

@LuisPintoDeSa

It's been almost 2 weeks, so I hope you were able to find a solution through support since this would be my suggestion as well. On high stakes assignments, I would suggest you upload a file that is already on your device instead of using the media tools to create content in the app. I say this, not because those tools are unreliable, but uploading anything through a mobile app can be problematic if you are using cellular vs wifi, etc. Also, because in this case (related to your timestamp question), you won't be able to access the original items created through Canvas. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes