cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgibson1
Community Champion

InstructureCon 2016

Did anyone notice where InstructureCon will be next year? Keystone, Colo. Real close to Frisco which is the coolest town in the Rockies....

128 Replies

Travis,

Ha! Nice plan. But guess what?! It turns out Keystone, CO is at a *higher* elevation than the typical cabin pressure in commercial flight. :smileyconfused:

(To quote my students: "According to Wikipedia").... Cabin pressurization is usually at the equivalent of about 8000 feet (~2400m), and the altitude of Keystone is 9173 feet (2796m).

@travis_cox ​

Being a trivia freak, I appreciate this little tidbit!

Are you kidding.  (note, no question mark, as this is more of a statement in despair)

:smileyconfused:  Ugh.

Yep, and at the Canyons Resort in Park City Utah where all previous Instcons were held was a measly 6,800ft.

For an old fool like myself, I think my wife's portable oxygen extractor might just be the ticket:smileycool:

KLM

abunag
Community Champion

Anyone planning to bring their young ones and looked into care options?  My wife and I are both going (same institution, different units) and we're trying to figure out what to do with the little one.

I'm sure the pilots could just fly a little higher to compensate if asked nicely. After all, what could go wrong?

james_vlisides
Community Participant

If anyone decided to carpool out to the Dillon Dam Brewery shoot me a message.  I'd love a ride and will buy the driver a beer! @JamesVTech

That's a great restaurant and well worth the drive!

auerbach
Community Participant

Different swag each day here at Instructurecon. Nice touch having bagged lunches so those of us with other commitments can share in the food!