cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_howard5
Community Member

Is Canvas Down?

Jump to solution

Hi there. I've been trying to get onto Canvas since around 2:15 and I can't get on. Is something going on? I logged out and back on and still nothing. All I get is a thinking Dashboard.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @m_howard5 ‌...

I just checked the Canvas Status website, Canvas Status, and it looks like some users have been having sporadic connection issues.  I'm not sure if your school's Canvas instance has been affected or not, but based on the status on that website, it's possible.  Also, it could be that your school is doing scheduled maintenance which may not allow you to sign in to Canvas (this happens sometimes for us).  I would suggest keeping watch of the Canvas Status page, and if you are still experiencing issues once the status has cleared...then give the Help Desk folks a call or chat online with them to report the issue.  I found this website for you off of the Salem State University website: Learn Canvas.  I hope this helps, Mary!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @m_howard5 ‌...

I just checked the Canvas Status website, Canvas Status, and it looks like some users have been having sporadic connection issues.  I'm not sure if your school's Canvas instance has been affected or not, but based on the status on that website, it's possible.  Also, it could be that your school is doing scheduled maintenance which may not allow you to sign in to Canvas (this happens sometimes for us).  I would suggest keeping watch of the Canvas Status page, and if you are still experiencing issues once the status has cleared...then give the Help Desk folks a call or chat online with them to report the issue.  I found this website for you off of the Salem State University website: Learn Canvas.  I hope this helps, Mary!

View solution in original post

I called Canvus help yesterday and they  said they would have to contact the ITT at my school and I have homework due tonight and tomorrow

@karenparker2ble ‌...

Since the status page I've linked above shows things appear to be up-and-running at the moment, then there certainly could be something at your school preventing you from accessing Canvas...such as network maintenance or some other connection between your school and the Canvas servers.  Good luck...I hope that you'll be able to get signed in again soon!