Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Community Champion

Is Expand/Collapse Question Group working?

Jump to solution

Howdy,

In all my quizzes, I have them structured into groups where I have Canvas pick one question from a group of 5-10 questions to show to the students.   I have a lot of these groups, 50 or more, making up a quiz of 50 questions randomized from a pool of 100's of questions.

For me, the Expand/Collapase group button doesn't work.   I click it, and the triangle flips itself, but the group doesn't change.   I've tried this on multiple  browsers and operating systems.

Is anyone else able to work with the expand/collapse button in their courses?   Is this just a size/scale issue, or is it actually broken?

Thanks, Glen

2016-07-26%20at%202.34%20PM.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution
glparker
Community Champion

Already done, an acknowledged bug.   Canvas isn't going to fix this one, rather it will be fixed by default in the Quizzes 2 engine, 2017.  Yuck.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glparker , I just tried it on a couple of my quizzes and found that it wasn't working. My recommendation is to submit this as a ticket to Canvas Support (Help link --> Report a Problem).

glparker
Community Champion

Already done, an acknowledged bug.   Canvas isn't going to fix this one, rather it will be fixed by default in the Quizzes 2 engine, 2017.  Yuck.

Any idea when Quizzes 2 will be released.  I really want everything that they are implementing in it.

0 Kudos

To keep updated on the status of this make sure to follow this page -Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine

So sad!  Still a problem!  What a simple thing - no effort.  Especially with so many of us relying on making up quizzes and tests with our extra COVID 19 needs.  It is very difficult to scroll through a 50 question exam and not be able to collapse the question groups.  Find the line of code and fix it.  One simple 30 minute task versus many instructors scrolling and scrolling through multiple exams that they have to make with forced online instruction.  Make this a priority!