cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdavick
Community Contributor

Is anyone else having trouble switching sections in speedgrader?

Jump to solution

We are having trouble switching sections in speedgrader. There are times I can and other times I can not get to the drop down menu to select a new section.

The list shows up, but when I move my cursor to select the section on the left the list disappears.

248735_speedgrader - select section.jpg.

The same thing is happening for my co-teachers. We are having this problem on all of our machines. We have seen the same problem in both Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Has anyone else had trouble with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sdavick
Community Contributor

Thank you for asking!

Thankfully Canvas was on top of this issue! It was a bug fix they had in one of their regular monthly updates. 

Apparently an update in both the  Firefox and Chrome Browsers was causing the glitch. Canvas recognized the issue and was able to take care of it.

This is one of the things I love so much about Canvas! They are constantly working to keep their product running as smoothly as possible. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hello,  @sdavick !

I am so sorry that your question has been sitting so long without any sort of traction at all. Out of curiosity, were you able to find a fix on your own? If so, what seemed to be the issue? We'd love to hear from you as to how things are working for you!

sdavick
Community Contributor

Thank you for asking!

Thankfully Canvas was on top of this issue! It was a bug fix they had in one of their regular monthly updates. 

Apparently an update in both the  Firefox and Chrome Browsers was causing the glitch. Canvas recognized the issue and was able to take care of it.

This is one of the things I love so much about Canvas! They are constantly working to keep their product running as smoothly as possible. 

Thanks for the info,  @sdavick ! Glad to hear about the positive experience and I couldn't agree more about Instructure and how they treat Canvas to ensure it runs as smoothly as possible!

BStutzman
Community Contributor

I think this bug is back!  I can't do it 9-18-18

sdavick
Community Contributor

Belinda, what is happening when you try? 

BStutzman
Community Contributor

Nothing.  That's the problem.  I did figure out that if you go to the gradebook and filter the gradebook to the section you want, click on the name of the assignment in the gradebook, go to speedgrader THEN that class will be loaded in speedgrader and you can filter from there.  Whew.... too many steps and inefficient.

am_jagusztyn
Community Participant

Hi Belinda. This is happening to my instructors, now October 9, 2018. Working with your method, I can see the separate grade books. I've also seen the grade book look has changed. Not too happy about that since it will confuse my instructors. Have you had any luck another method?