Is it allowed to sell courses on canvas FFT and the login and course enrollment with an API?

Jump to solution
Mengot
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Canvas and its really amazing just going through what I could do with FFT.

Pardon me if this is not the right forum for my questions and kindly do guide me to the right one if I am mistaken.

1 - I wish to know if it is allowed/legal to sell the courses I create on canvas FFT. If it is possible, then my second question applies

2- My users are not very techie and I would love to avoid them the procedure of creating an account on canvas by themselves and having to deal with the course access code. By that I would love to have a different site (like wordpress) where they will register and make their payment and once they do, that site communicate with canvas FFT through an API and creates an account for them. All they will have to do is login in the app and access the course. Can this be done and is this allowed/legal for FFT?

I hope I was able to express my worries in an understandable manner.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello,

There are no commercial restrictions with what you can do in free for teacher.  Feel free to charge for access to teaching and/or materials you have a legal right to employ.

Unfortunately Free for Teacher does not allow for any admin access for free users, so you cannot set up API level communication between your courses and other systems.

View solution in original post