Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lease

Is it possible to allow multiple attempts on a quiz, with diminishing points after the first attempt?

Jump to solution

I would like to give students a second attempt at a quiz, but I would like to impose a "penalty" for the second attempt. For example, the student might get 80% (or 75% or 90%) of the points earned on the second attempt. Is this possible to set up so that it is automatic and not a manual adjustment I would have to make?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lease , greetings! As cool as this sounds, about the best you can in Canvas is to have it keep the most recent score, average, or top score on a quiz. 

Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lease , greetings! As cool as this sounds, about the best you can in Canvas is to have it keep the most recent score, average, or top score on a quiz. 

Kona

Thanks, Kona. That is what the options looked like to me. Maybe Canvas will add that feature sometime in the fairly near future. I have seen that option before. I thought maybe it was in Moodle. I guess it isn't impossible for Moodle to do something better than Canvas, but I suspect it was probably in MyLab from Pearson. Making the students pay lots of money brings additional options.

rexj
Community Member

We are currently evaluating Canvas as a successor to Moodle. Moodle does support this strategy (Adaptive mode). We have at least one instructor who makes heavy use of it.  It would be great if Canvas implemented something like this.