cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnaylor
Community Participant

Is it possible to filter users by grade level?

We are a school that is new to Canvas, and we are looking for a way to filter students by grade level to send messages home. We have the ability to email the whole school and individual users, but it would be beneficial to be able to send messages by grade level for information that is specific to a certain grade like graduation, etc.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cnaylor , the only way we've been able to do this is by creating a master course of all students and then have them broken apart by section - so in this case each grade would be a different section in the course. That way when you send the email you can specify which section you'd like to send the email to. We've been doing this for a while and it works pretty good! In addition, the master course is filled with important student resources, so it's also useful for the students. Smiley Happy

cnaylor
Community Participant

We have created the master course to put out whole school information, but we had to do that through lunches, otherwise we would have to create a whole new schedule. Of course, lunch is a mixed grade level "course." I guess we could create sections within the lunches, but I'm pretty sure that would have to be done manually...

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@cnaylor ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie