cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben_qualls

Is it possible to make the same assignment available to students, but for different lengths of time?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to make the same assignment available to students, but for different lengths of time? If I want to give some students 10 minutes to complete a quiz and other students 15 minutes, is this possible. Under Edit Assignments > More Options I see the ability to assign to different groups, but I can't tell if that applies to entire sections or individual students.

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ben_qualls , if you just want to adjust the amount of time the students have to take the quiz then I would recommend Moderating the quiz rather than differentiating the due date/time. To have this work you would set the least amount of time any student should get as the time limit for the quiz. Example: If the different times were 10, 15, 20, & 25 you would use 10 as the time limit for the quiz. You would then click on the Moderate button (from the quiz) and add more time to each student as needed. The Moderate area of a quiz allows you to add extra time to students (either as individuals or more than one at a time) - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2984 

The differentiated time/date, which will work for individual students as well as groups, is more for when you want students to only have access to a quiz at different times/days, not to change the amount of time a student gets or the number of attempts a student gets. Those are handled from the Moderate area.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ben_qualls , if you just want to adjust the amount of time the students have to take the quiz then I would recommend Moderating the quiz rather than differentiating the due date/time. To have this work you would set the least amount of time any student should get as the time limit for the quiz. Example: If the different times were 10, 15, 20, & 25 you would use 10 as the time limit for the quiz. You would then click on the Moderate button (from the quiz) and add more time to each student as needed. The Moderate area of a quiz allows you to add extra time to students (either as individuals or more than one at a time) - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2984 

The differentiated time/date, which will work for individual students as well as groups, is more for when you want students to only have access to a quiz at different times/days, not to change the amount of time a student gets or the number of attempts a student gets. Those are handled from the Moderate area.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much – this is great

(859)657-4715

(800)225-4904 option 1, ext 74715

www.cengage.com

Happy I could help!

What if you're not moderating a quiz?  Will the quizzes still work if one group has 75 minutes to take it and one has 150 minutes?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos