cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
info18
Community Member

Is it possible to see how many users have looked at my Canvas Commons uploads?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I shared a module on Canvas Commons and I am curious if anyone has looked at it. Is there a way to tell how people are engaging with the content, besides the ratings? (In this case, no one has rated my content yet.)

Thanks!

Sarah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@info18 ​, other than if someone rates or provides feedback on your resource there is no way to tell how many people have looked at it or downloaded it. Yet, I did find some feature ideas that seemed similar to what you are wanting:

My recommendation is to vote and comment on any features that seem like something you would like!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @info18 ​...

I don't believe anything like this exists in the current user interface of Canvas or Commons.  I tried searching for a Feature Idea that would be similar to what you were requesting, but I didn't come across anything.  I would suggest that if you feel this is important to have in Canvas that you submit a Feature Idea here: Canvas Feature Ideas following this documentation: How do I create a new feature idea?

Hope this helps!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@info18 ​, other than if someone rates or provides feedback on your resource there is no way to tell how many people have looked at it or downloaded it. Yet, I did find some feature ideas that seemed similar to what you are wanting:

My recommendation is to vote and comment on any features that seem like something you would like!

View solution in original post

info18
Community Member

Thank you!

kmcgee
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @info18 ​,

I'm curious, what actions would you take if you had engagement data on a resource?

Thanks!

Kate McGee

Commons Product Manager

info18
Community Member

Hi Kate,

If no one was engaging I would probably try to think of ways of advertising the content better. If people were engaging it might give me clues about what other content they might like and based on that I would upload and share more content. If I could see what sort of people were engaging that would give even more clues about what other content to upload and share (for example teachers might like one type of activities but independent learners might like another). And since we encourage people to use OER creatively in their classes, we'd also be curious to know how people are using our uploads so we could give others ideas of how to adopt and adapt OER (i.e. by modifying it, integrating it into larger lessons, assigning it as homework, etc.). Numbers would also help us quantify how many people are using the content we make, which is necessary since we are supported by a grant.

Thanks!

Thank you  @info18  for sharing that helpful context. I think this would be a useful information for many users and we will be considering it for future development. Thanks!