cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maureen_nolan
Community Participant

Is it possible to vary the position for the right answer in quizzes without scrambling answer choices?

Jump to solution

I am trying very hard to use Canvas to deliver all content and have created test banks for quizzes and tests. Is there a way to vary the position of the correct answer without scrambling the answer choices? I make two forms of my tests A and B. The B version has to remain more standardized in format because I record the audio for students who have that accommodation so I cannot scramble answer choices.  I scramble the answer choices for test format A and I also move the questions around. Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Maureen,

You can put the choices in whatever order you want, so you can also put the correct answer in whatever spot you want it to appear.  Are you right now always having the first answer be the correct one?  I've seen some people do that no realizing that you can specify any of them to be the correct answer by clicking just to the left of the choice so that the green arrow and word Correct show up.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Maureen,

You can put the choices in whatever order you want, so you can also put the correct answer in whatever spot you want it to appear.  Are you right now always having the first answer be the correct one?  I've seen some people do that no realizing that you can specify any of them to be the correct answer by clicking just to the left of the choice so that the green arrow and word Correct show up.

Rick

View solution in original post

Rick -

Thank you for your kind and patient answer! I tried to slide the answers up and down but did not click on the answer - silly of me. Now I know and do not have to retreat to Google Forms!!

Maureen