cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon
Community Participant

Is the recurring events feature only in Beta?

Jump to solution

I just wanted to check if the recurring events feature is available only in Beta?

I don't have the feature to turn on in my course or admin settings?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

jon​, I just checked and it's listed in my live instance of Canvas as a feature option, but in beta. I have a vague recollection that I might have needed to ask my CSM to turn this on in my live instance, but it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure. You might want to go ahead and check with your CSM.

Reoccuring.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

jon​, I just checked and it's listed in my live instance of Canvas as a feature option, but in beta. I have a vague recollection that I might have needed to ask my CSM to turn this on in my live instance, but it's been a while so I'm not 100% sure. You might want to go ahead and check with your CSM.

Reoccuring.png

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

jon​...

I agree with  @kona ​.  I also recall that we needed to contact our CSM to have him turn on the recurring events feature option.  Our CSM had us hold off on turning this option on for a few weeks until Instructure got the time zone issue fixed...which I believe is now fixed.

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

@kona  and  @chofer  are correct. I asked our CSM to turn on recurring events last week on our production environment. He asked me to let him know if we found any issues with it but so far we've been using it without any problems. The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to be available for course calendars but not a user's personal calendar, I suspect this is the intended functionality though.