cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_adams
Community Member

Is there a Quiz Game in Canvas or one of the Apps?

Jump to solution

I've been experimenting with Kahoot to engage my students with post-lecture quizzing. Unfortunately, Kahoot restricts the number of characters per question and per answer. Does Canvas have this functionality? Is there an app compatible with Canvas which can do this and not have such tight restrictions on the questions and answers?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey there,  @james_adams  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Canvas does not have any quiz game templates built in that I'm aware of.  You'd have to create something on your own if you wanted to do that.  As far as third-party tools that might be available, I'm not sure of that, either.  But, if you checked out the EduAppCenter website, you can see a whole host of third-party integrations that are available.  Many of these third-party LTIs (Learning Tools Interoperability) do have some sort of cost associated with them (but there are a handful that are free), so you'll have to do some searching to see what may or may not work.  Hope this helps, Bud.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
pete
Community Participant

Hi Bud, Canvas does not as mentioned above have anything curretnly build ito the desktop version, however if you are not adverse to yourstudnt usting the mobile devices in class, then you could try using the "Canvas Polls" mobile app, (iOS & Android) the app contains some hadyfeature lik being able to link it to iany of your courses and assign tehm to specific sections, as well as being able to set a timer.

Hope this helps

Peter Birch

University of Canberra -- Virtual Learning Environment Support Team.

polls app

Content tagged with polls app

Guides: Mobileandroid

Content tagged with android

Guides: Mobileios

Content tagged with ios

Guides: Mobilecanvas guides

Content tagged with canvas guides

Guides: Mobiletable of contents

Content tagged with table of contents

Guides: Mobilepolls for canvas

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey there,  @james_adams  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Canvas does not have any quiz game templates built in that I'm aware of.  You'd have to create something on your own if you wanted to do that.  As far as third-party tools that might be available, I'm not sure of that, either.  But, if you checked out the EduAppCenter website, you can see a whole host of third-party integrations that are available.  Many of these third-party LTIs (Learning Tools Interoperability) do have some sort of cost associated with them (but there are a handful that are free), so you'll have to do some searching to see what may or may not work.  Hope this helps, Bud.

0 Kudos
pete
Community Participant

Hi Bud, Canvas does not as mentioned above have anything curretnly build ito the desktop version, however if you are not adverse to yourstudnt usting the mobile devices in class, then you could try using the "Canvas Polls" mobile app, (iOS & Android) the app contains some hadyfeature lik being able to link it to iany of your courses and assign tehm to specific sections, as well as being able to set a timer.

Hope this helps

Peter Birch

University of Canberra -- Virtual Learning Environment Support Team.

polls app

Content tagged with polls app

Guides: Mobileandroid

Content tagged with android

Guides: Mobileios

Content tagged with ios

Guides: Mobilecanvas guides

Content tagged with canvas guides

Guides: Mobiletable of contents

Content tagged with table of contents

Guides: Mobilepolls for canvas