cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
may_leong
Community Member

Is there a report that exports course with user number and roles?

Hi, I would like to understand short of getting the figures manually, is there a report that allows me to extract the following data?

1) Published courses

2) Total number of users in all published courses (one course per line)

3) Roles of users in published courses

Thank you.

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@may_leong  

I hope you were able to find a solution for this, and I apologize your question went so long without a response.  I have shared this question with the Canvas Admins‌ group in hopes that someone there might have a solution, if you were not able to find one.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @may_leong ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on August 22, 2018.  It seems as though you may have stumped the Community with your question.  While I do not necessarily have a solution for you myself, I also wanted to check in with you (like  @Renee_Carney  did on January 3, 2019) to see if you've been able to find a solution on your own since your initial posting last August.  If so, would you be willing to share your findings back here in this topic?  Or, if you are still looking for some help from Community members, please let us know that as well by posting a message below.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've been able to find a solution for you...but more because we have not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since Renee's reply at the beginning of the year.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, May.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

may_leong
Community Member

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time. I must have missed out Renee's message.

I have not found any report that gives me what I want, although I have found a manual way to get item #3 - go to each course's Settings and on the right side is a list of users by their roles.

The most obvious flaw for Item #3's manual method is that I have to go to individual courses to extract the data which will become more time consuming as the number of courses increases over time. 

Another issue is that I have to check the course users manually for data accuracy as we have demo accounts and they are occasionally added to the courses for multiple purposes. But this is more of an internal process matter than a problem with the data. 

All these probably have to be extracted via API and my team is currently exploring this possibility.