Is there a way to add hours when using the attendance option?

Jump to solution
vanessa_jones1
Community Novice

We have hours requirements so if they leave early or miss an hour we need to be able to record that and export at the end of the semester easily. 

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @vanessa_jones1  Welcome to the Canvas Community. The answer is "sort of" if you are willing to compromise a bit on how the attendance tool describes it.  You can indeed adjust the percentage of "lateness" and simply adopt it to mean either arriving late or leaving early.  There is information on this here under the Edit Roll Call Settings heading: How do I use the Roll Call Attendance tool in a course?  I'm fairly certain that this will appear within the Roll Call Attendance Report that an instructor can run that outputs as a CSV file, but I admit I am not 100% certain of this.  (You may want to enable it now and run the report to get an idea; you can run the report as many times as you like.)

Unfortunately, the Roll Call tool is not terribly configurable, as you will learn.  There is a l-o-o-o-o-n-g history of various issues, many of which you can read out here:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1090-attendance-overhaul

I hope this helps a bit, Vanessa.

View solution in original post