Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chastinec
Community Contributor

Is there a way to allow an additional attempt on an Assignment like with Quizzes?

Jump to solution

If an instructor limits the number of attempts allowed for an assignment, is there a way to moderate and allow a specific student an additional attempt like this option for quizzes?

NOTE: I provided a workaround, but having a built in option like with quizzes would be so much better.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @chastinec ...

Please see the following Guide: How do I limit submission attempts for an assignment?.  At the bottom of the Guide, Cody from the @CanvasDocTeam has confirmed that Assignments do not have the moderated feature to allow extra attempts by individual students like Quizzes do.  Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @chastinec ...

Please see the following Guide: How do I limit submission attempts for an assignment?.  At the bottom of the Guide, Cody from the @CanvasDocTeam has confirmed that Assignments do not have the moderated feature to allow extra attempts by individual students like Quizzes do.  Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.

chastinec
Community Contributor

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something. 

I had given the instructor the workaround of waiting until after the due date, adding a new "assign to" with alt dates for that one student and then increasing the attempts.

It's just unfortunate that there isn't something built in that would make the steps easier or make it so that the instructor/student did not have to wait until after the original due date.

thanks!

has the issue been fixed? I see this is from a year ago - I would consider this a big one not to have a way to mark a student to allow resubmissions?  Missing Sakai here. 

Thanks