cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmg34
Community Contributor

Is there a way to have a "page" appear in multiple courses?

Jump to solution

As I am trying to put more of my course information in Canvas "pages", I find that I have some general information pages that I am adding across multiple Canvas courses. I just made a small tweak and had to go in and edit the page in each of my 3 courses. It would be a lot easier if there were a way to create the page, and then add it to each course, but have just one "instance" of the page, so that any edits to the page would appear wherever the page is used.

In fact, this concept could really even apply to the module level.

Is there any way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team
3 Replies
ysmalls
Community Champion

Hi  @dmg34 ,

This response may or may not apply to you since it depends on your institutions settings but what comes to mind is sharing that page to Commons from your one course then importing to your other two courses.  Later you can push updates from your page to Commons then to your two other courses.  

Blueprint Courses come to mind too but that's more of a higher level feature, well at least at my district it is.

Only other option would be to import just that one page, but any future modifications would not be pushed out to the other courses so you would need to re-import the page then replace.

Have a great day.

dmg34
Community Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not sure I want to do it this way, as the pages are very course-specific and not really something that I want to put in the commons (my office hours, course policies, etc). This is good to know for other applications though, and might come in handy.

It seems like a way to compose and then access a page across multiple courses, but having it live in ONE place, makes so much sense!

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@dmg34 ‌, you might be interested in Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content‌.