cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ek
Community Participant

Is there a way to have access codes for courses?

Jump to solution

I want to be able to have an external course registration/lead gen form that will register the capture information and return an access/authorization code to the user that they can use to get access to a canvas course. Is this possible in any way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach
7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach
ek
Community Participant

Kona, that is perfect! Thank you

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Awesome! Happy to help!

ek
Community Participant

Actually now that I went in the course to check those options, it turns out I don't see them! I have everything in the screenshots on that guide except those first 2 options for joining with a code

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ek , I just checked and this option is available in my Free for Teachers (FFT) Canvas course, but not for my Institutional Canvas course. I checked and it appears that this is because on the Canvas admin settings side of things my Institutional instance of Canvas does not have the "Self Registration" box checked. If you're a Canvas Admin then you'd need to check this box in order to enable this feature - What is the difference between self-enrollment, self registration, and open registration? If you're not a Canvas Admin then you'd need to contact your Canvas Admins too see what can be worked out.

Hope this helps!

ek
Community Participant

That did it. Just starting out with Canvas so I really appreciate the help.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Very good! Glad it was something simple like a checkbox that just needed checked!