Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bacherts
Community Contributor

Is there a way to hide students who have been marked "inactive" on People (and other places)?

Jump to solution

All,

We have updated our SIS imports to mark students as inactive rather than deleting their enrollments when they drop a course.  Now we have faculty wondering who these inactive students are, how to hide them, and so on.  Has anyone else also done this?  How are you handling it?  Is there a course setting to hide those enrollments?

Thanks, Sam

1 Solution
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bacherts ​,

There is a good discussion here How do I inactivate an enrollment in a course? regarding Inactive enrollments.  At this time, I do not believe you are able to "hide" an inactive student in a course.  We are looking at just using the inactive tag for those that drop with a "w" and still need a grade and a last date of attendance.

Robbie

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bacherts ​,

There is a good discussion here How do I inactivate an enrollment in a course? regarding Inactive enrollments.  At this time, I do not believe you are able to "hide" an inactive student in a course.  We are looking at just using the inactive tag for those that drop with a "w" and still need a grade and a last date of attendance.

Robbie

bacherts
Community Contributor

Thanks  @Robbie_Grant ​!  I will suggest that to our programmer.  Appreciate the response!

Sam

snugent
Community Champion

Hi Samuel

I noticed this as well. I did some testing yesterday just using the GUI to make changes. I noticed that the inactive student can be hidden if you select the gradebook option to show concluded enrollments which I thought was odd. This work in the exact opposite way when concluding a student. If you choose to conclude a student's enrollment, the student will not display in the gradebook but can be made visible by selecting the gradebook option to show concluded enrollments.  This is quite confusing.

bacherts
Community Contributor

snugent​ - I saw this too and have been telling my faculty to do that to hide the students in the gradebook.  Thanks for the reply!

Sam

awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

For our faculty, it's having them show up in the grade book. We're looking at a few options similar to the one mentioned by  @Robbie_Grant ​ but I've also created a feature idea specifically for hiding them from the grade book.

bacherts
Community Contributor

awilliams​ - checking Show Concluded Enrollments will hide inactive students in the gradebook.

Thanks,

Sam