Is there a way to import or share a grading scale?

Jump to solution
adavis
Community Member

Is there a way to share a custom grading scale with other teachers? Our school is slightly modifying the course grading scale we will use across all courses, but we are a small school and are using the Free For Teachers version and don't have an admin overseeing this for us. I would like to be able to share the course grading scale I have modified with the other teachers, so everyone doesn't have to individually re-create it (and maybe make a mistake, or have something slightly different from what I have). I feel like we were able to do this years ago, when we first started using Canvas and didn't want to use the default scale, but I can't find any reference to it in the Canvas Community, and don't remember how we did it.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Alaine,

I'm sorry your question has sat so long unanswered.  In the regular version of Canvas (not free for teachers) there really isn't an option to set a school default or even share a grading scale with other teachers.  But, grading scales to copy from course to course.  So one option would be to create a new course and set the grading scheme in it (along with any other defaults you might want like maybe which tabs are available in the navigation) and then export the course.  Send the export to your teachers and have them import it.   This will set the desired grading scheme.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes