Is there a way to improve the visibility of annotations in a document?

Jump to solution
margaret_goertz
Community Member

Increasing visibility and access to comments and annotations

I like to use the annotated comments feature when marking students documents.  I type in quick corrections, strike out words, and leave longer comments that show up in the margin of the document.  

Problem:  When students go to read my feedback, it opens in a very small screen.  Also they struggle to use a this screen in a split screen scenario when they are making revisions.  

What is the solution?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @margaret_goertz  Welcome to the Canvas Community. You mention a common issue for all faculty everywhere, and that's getting students to read the comments!  Congratulations on getting your students partway there!  Frankly, the direct answer to your question is getting the students to follow instructions, and in this specific case there is fortunately an elegant solution.  There is a full screen button on the DocViewer toolbar that your students have at the top of their annotated submission.  Take a look at the screen capture immediately under the View DocViewer Toolbar heading here: How do I use DocViewer in Canvas assignments as a student?  at item number 6.  

That should do it, I think.  Hope this helps, Margi!

View solution in original post

0 Likes