cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdollar
Community Participant

Is there a way to make quiz "answer" boxes bigger?

Jump to solution

Why are the answer boxes so small on quizzes? I get why matching questions need small boxes--space is limited on screen due to the layout. But there appears to be plenty of room to expand the boxes to the right for multiple choice and multiple answer questions. The answer boxes only allow about 30 characters to be visible in edit mode---when you have 100 character sentences in the box, you can't see the whole sentence and are forced to scroll over which is really annoying.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there  @cdollar a belated Welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy 

While there isn't a way to make the box bigger, you can do a couple of things to work around this.

- Copy and past from a document. That way, you can see the total answer before putting it in as a field in the quiz. 

- When editing the quiz questions, you can click "Show Question Details" so after clicking "Save" you can see the answers in their entirety. 

252781_pastedImage_2.png

So while there isn't a way to make the box bigger, there are a few small ways to make the work flow a little easier to manage. Smiley Happy 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there  @cdollar a belated Welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy 

While there isn't a way to make the box bigger, you can do a couple of things to work around this.

- Copy and past from a document. That way, you can see the total answer before putting it in as a field in the quiz. 

- When editing the quiz questions, you can click "Show Question Details" so after clicking "Save" you can see the answers in their entirety. 

252781_pastedImage_2.png

So while there isn't a way to make the box bigger, there are a few small ways to make the work flow a little easier to manage. Smiley Happy 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

cdollar
Community Participant

Thanks rconroy. But this doesn't help when I am editing existing existing quiz bank questions.

Here's why:

1) I can't view the question details because I have over 25 questions in the bank. To view the question details I have to a) click edit question b) click cancel c) now the bank will show me the details

2) Viewing the details doesn't even really help when I have multiple answer choices that I have to read in the view detail format. 

Here are some images that may help. I just don't understand why the answer choice box is so small when there is a ton of room next to the answer box used for nothing (see first image and note the ton of empty space).

Edit view:

quiz1

Detail View:

quiz2

CC19
Community Participant

I find this really annoying as well. As someone who has to go in afterwards and review/edit tests, this is really unproductive. And while the person who created the test can write the question elsewhere and copy and paste it in, as the person reviewing it and editing errors, you have to scroll to see it and it's really tedious. 

These seem like easy fixes...why isn't it being improved?

And I second the request that we be able to see ALL question details, not just 25 questions worth, because having to click edit to see the answer options for 50 or 100 questions is also really unproductive and a waste of time.