cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natasha_towns
Community Member

Is there a way to mass import past coursework/classes from moodle over to canvas?

Our community college is switching from moodle to canvas. Is there a way for admin to massively import any previous coursework/homework saved on moodle to canvas so that all education history is in one location, and accessible for students to view, or perhaps upload content into their ePortfolio?

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@natasha_towns ​, I'm going to share this with the LMS & Migrations​ group in Canvas to see if they have any recommendations, but in general, no we've been using Canvas since 2012-2013 and I've never heard of a way to import previous student submissions into Canvas from another LMS.

John_Lowe
Community Champion

We've been working on this for almost a month just trying to migrate student submissions from another Canvas instance over to our primary Canvas instance, and I'm afraid that is not fully possible even from Canvas to Canvas.  So I agree with  @kona ​ that I have never heard of a successful trans-LMS migration of student submissions or course records.  Content and grades, no problem.  The rest, not likely.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@natasha_towns ​

Did you find a migration strategy that worked well for you?  I'm curious to know how your migration has gone so far?

I lead a migration in 2011-2012, but we elected a completely different approach - start fresh!  So I am always curious to hear the successes and struggles of others!