Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbright

Is there a way to search for a proxy string across an entire Canvas implementation, in our case, p.atsu.edu?

I would like to see all the links in courses which utilize the library resources proxy string, so I can change them with an OpenAthens proxy string...is that possible to do without going course by course?

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hbright  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  While I do not really have an answer for you, I wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you are not yet following this group, please use the link that I have provided, and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of that page.  Also, near that button is a link called "Actions".  Go there, and then select "Join group".  I hope this will be of help to you, Harold.  Good luck!

bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi Harold,

We had a similar issue where we changed video URL's and need to be able to find them in all active courses and change them out.  What we came up with was writing some custom javascript‌ that when page loads tries to find the previous URL and if it finds it swaps it out for the new URL. 

You might be able to do something similar here. 

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @hbright ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question with the responses already provided or possibly through some of your own additional sleuthing? Because there hasn't been any more activity in a while, I am marking this question as answered as I assume that you have the information that you need.

If you still need further help or information, please feel free to reply to this thread and we can keep the discussion going (I have a few ideas on how you might achieve this with some development work using the APIs, if you have any dev experience). Equally if you found a solution that solved this, it would be great to hear from you how you did (as this will help anyone else that finds your question in future).

Finally, if this question has been answered by someone else specifically, please feel free to jump back in and mark that answer as correct.

Cheers,
Stuart 

Brian,

Do you have an example of the JavaScript you used and where did you install it?  Our Canva admins are new and do not know exactly where they would put such a script....they were talking about developing an app to deal with it...

Thanks,

Hal Bright