cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily
Community Champion

Is there a way to see if students have accessed, but not submitted, a quiz?

Jump to solution

We had a couple quizzes get published early, and faculty are wondering if there's a way to see if/which students have opened a quiz, but not submitted it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Emily

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tknapp
Community Contributor

Hi  @emily ​,

The Quiz Log (How do I view a quiz log for a student? ) should display this information. I tested it out in a sandbox course and even if the student just starts the quiz, they are displayed in the "Students who have taken the quiz" column that displays after you select the option for "Show Student Quiz Results" in the quiz settings menu.

161317_pastedImage_2.png

Once their name is selected, and you view the log for the student, details about when the quiz was started and any actions the student took are displayed.

161612_pastedImage_3.png

I hope this helps your faculty out!

Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tknapp
Community Contributor

Hi  @emily ​,

The Quiz Log (How do I view a quiz log for a student? ) should display this information. I tested it out in a sandbox course and even if the student just starts the quiz, they are displayed in the "Students who have taken the quiz" column that displays after you select the option for "Show Student Quiz Results" in the quiz settings menu.

161317_pastedImage_2.png

Once their name is selected, and you view the log for the student, details about when the quiz was started and any actions the student took are displayed.

161612_pastedImage_3.png

I hope this helps your faculty out!

Tim

View solution in original post

emily
Community Champion

Thanks Tim - that's very helpful.  I couldn't find this info in the guides anywhere - must have had the wrong search terms!

Emily

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@emily ​, an even quicker and easier way of seeing if a student has started a quiz is to go to the quiz and click the "Moderate Quiz" button (on the right). If the student has started the quiz then under time for that student you'll see an actual timer counting how long the student has been in the quiz (or at least how long since the student started the quiz). Here's the guide with additional information - Once I publish my quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page? For more specific information about when the student started taking the quiz and what they did (or are doing) while taking the quiz, then I'd recommend checking out the quiz logs!

Hope this helps!