Is there a way to set up progressive quizzes?

Jump to solution
rmangan
Community Novice

Is there a way to set up progressive tests?  I have semi-weekly quizzes that all add up to one category grade.\

These are mini quizzes.  Quiz one 10 points, quiz 2 10 points, etc.  All adding up to 100 points total.

Rather than treating each little quiz as a distinct and separate quiz, is there a way to set it up on Canvas to fill in each mini-quiz as we go?

1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Richard Mangan,

If the quizzes are not being taken at the same time (all the questions in one sitting), then they are distinct separate quizzes. And it works out great that you have a set number of points per quiz already.

It sounds like you already have your assignments into different categories/groups, so setting up the Canvas Assignment Groups should be easy for you knowing how much weight each group is to the overall grade.

How do I add an assignment group in a course?  

How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups? 

set assignment group weight

You can have as many assignment groups as you want, and thus create the progressive quiz if all the quizzes in a group will add up to a 100 pt assignment that you know how much it impacts the overall course grade.

And then the beauty of assignment groups is that you can also get them to display separately in the gradebook using Filters.

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16541-4152814167 

View Assignment Groups

Hope these guides help,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post