Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melaku_cello

Is there any way to have canvas send a notification when my account has been accessed?

Jump to solution

Whether it is an email or text wouldn't matter. I would just like to be able to see when my account has been accessed and can not find any such fucntion. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @melaku_cello  , and  @melaku_cello  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Wow! How nice is it to welcome somebody to this Community with a name like yours!?!

I am not sure what you mean by "accessed". Accessed by you, or accessed by somebody else? Either way, Canvas does not have a notification for that purpose. However, if you are concerned about intrusive/invasive access by somebody who stole your credentials, your school's Canvas Admin can identify dates/times of access (How do I view the page views for a user in an account?) by someone using your credentials, but you will have to determine if that access was yours, or some imposter's.

In any of your Canvas courses, you can also click on "People" and seen when your last activity was in that course.  Both of these tools are a tad bit clumsy, but they are the only methods I know of.

Perhaps somebody knows more than I do, though!

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @melaku_cello  , and  @melaku_cello  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Wow! How nice is it to welcome somebody to this Community with a name like yours!?!

I am not sure what you mean by "accessed". Accessed by you, or accessed by somebody else? Either way, Canvas does not have a notification for that purpose. However, if you are concerned about intrusive/invasive access by somebody who stole your credentials, your school's Canvas Admin can identify dates/times of access (How do I view the page views for a user in an account?) by someone using your credentials, but you will have to determine if that access was yours, or some imposter's.

In any of your Canvas courses, you can also click on "People" and seen when your last activity was in that course.  Both of these tools are a tad bit clumsy, but they are the only methods I know of.

Perhaps somebody knows more than I do, though!

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley