cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ole_lidegran
Community Participant

Is there any way to show LTI inside the mobile apps?

Jump to solution

Hi there!

I wonder if there is any way for me to show LTI modules within the Canvas mobile apps?

Right now, when a user clicks on a link in a course in the apps, a new browser window opens within the app.

But I want to show the content of the LTI while the navigation menu is visible.
(the links in the bottom of the app: courses, to do, inbox)

Do you amazing Canvasppl know of any workaround? 

Also, I've tried to insert a link under the help section to my LTI but it opens up in a new browser anyhow.

The dream is to load the LTI as the start page in the application instead of a list of all the courses.

Thank you for all the help I can get

all the best
Ole

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ole_lidegran ‌, 

I don't know of any way to do this. In fact, Canvas first party LTIs like Chat open in a browser window. The only setting I know of is for users to open LTIs in the native browser outside the app, which isn't a solution. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @ole_lidegran ‌, 

I don't know of any way to do this. In fact, Canvas first party LTIs like Chat open in a browser window. The only setting I know of is for users to open LTIs in the native browser outside the app, which isn't a solution. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Participant

Could you provide some details on how to force the Canvas mobile app to open the LTI into the device's mobile browser?

We've made our LTI nice and mobile friendly, but the app loads it as a tiny full desktop view.