cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njrodrig
Community Member

Issue forwarding a message

I want to forward a message I received in canvas to another recipient. I tried following the instructions here​, however, when I click to forward the message I don't get the option to choose a recipient. There is no "TO" field, and there are no modifiable options in the course/subject plane. I included a screen-shot of what I see. I am using Google chrome for linux Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit).

Screenshot at 2016-11-01 12_41_08.png

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just tested this in Firefox and Chrome (Version 54.0.2840.71 for PC) and it seems to be working fine. A couple of things - you should be seeing a "To" box, but you can't change the Subject line and you can only forward the message to someone else in the same course. Have you tried using other Internet browsers (or computer) and even tried forwarding different messages (from a different course)?

njrodrig
Community Member

It is working fine for other messages in Chrome and in Firefox. It only seems to be that one message that doesn't have a "To" box. I don't know what is different about that message from the others. I worked around the issue by forwarding the message that got automatically sent to my outside e-mail. I am not sure how the bug could be reproduced since it doesn't effect any other messages and I don't know how the student sent the message.

Thanks for your assistance.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

That really is strange! My recommendation at this point is to file a Help ticket with Canvas support. To to this click on the Help link in Canvas and "Report a Problem." Make sure and provide the exact information about the message you're trying to forward and what's going on. Canvas Support should then be able to figure out what the issue is.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi njrodrig​...

I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since  @kona ​' posting on November 1st.  Have you had a chance to contact Instructure's Technical Support staff to see if they could help you?  If so, what was the outcome of that conversation?  Since there hasn't been new activity in this topic, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  Looking forward to hearing from you, Nathaniel!