cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manjula_samanpr
Community Participant

Issue in Canvas LMS instance

I have created Canvas own instance on our server. All canvas related functionalities are properly working without any issue. But I add one of our tool as external tool. When I click on that it does not hit to the LTI endpoint ( I have properly configured it as external tool). Can anybody support on this.

I have attached fiddler trace and canvas accessslog herewith.

14 Replies

You still have not given information regarding any troubleshooting efforts on your LTI web server.

One question:  Have you confirmed that your LTI server is receiving the launch request?

Please look at these suggestions again:

Have you confirmed the URL in the LTI XML config?

Have you confirmed the key and secret, for validation on your LTI server?

More importantly, have you looked at the log files on the LTI server to see if your launch request is even being received?

If your LTI app isn't logging any information about the launch request process, I strongly suggest adding logging so you can more easily track down where the authentication process is failing.  

Do you have access to the LTI code?  Add logging if you have to, to verify that any of your logic is getting accessed.

i.e. first line of code in your launch request method:

_logger.debug("RECEIVED LAUNCH REQUEST")

If you can get that message to appear in your logs, then you know you have an authentication issue.

If you can't get that message to appear in your logs, then your launch request is not making it to your LTI server.

This decision point will help to isolate what direction you should focus on to resolve the issue.

If your launch request is NOT making it to your LTI web server, then you may have a DNS/routing issue.

If your launch request IS making to your LTI web server, but the server is returning an error, then something is wrong with the configuration of your LTI install.

Can you please verify:

Is your LTI web server receiving your LTI launch request?

I'll be traveling quite a bit this week, but will keep an eye open.

If you are able to get a log file from your LTI web server it will be very helpful.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @manjula_samanpr ‌...

While I don't have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been much activity in this discussion topic since May 14th.  In reviewing some of the above conversations, it looks like  @garth ‌ is looking for some additional information from you.  If you can, please come back to this posting and provide an update so that members of the Canvas Community can continue to help you with this issue.  For now, since there hasn't been much activity in this thread for quite a while, I'm going to mark it as "Assumed Answered" in hopes that you've been able to come up with a workable solution.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below as it relates to your initial questions.  I hope that's okay with you, Manjula.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

manjula_samanpr
Community Participant

I was able to solve this problem. Thank for you continuous support. 

Awesome!  Can you post your solution?

I'm very curious to know what was going on and what you did to get things working.

Thanks for sharing.