cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tia_prather
Community Participant

Issues with adding People as a teacher/designer

I am listed as a teacher in one course and a designer in another.  I am trying to invite other's to the course (students, teachers), but it will not allow me to send out their email. I understand that the Admin in my organization has to add people in initially, but I am having trouble with the people that have been added by the Admin as well. 

Example: I go into the course that I want to add a student in, select people, then add the students email. It allows me to send but the student does not receive the email link to the canvas course. I am having the same issue with Faculty.

Can someone give me some insight on this issue?

Tia

6 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tia_prather , greetings! I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way the Canvas Admin's at your school have things set-up. We in the Community wouldn't have access to those settings, so your best bet is to direct your question to your Canvas Admin's and see if they know what's going on and how to fix the problem!

Hope it's an easy fix! Kona

tia_prather
Community Participant

Thank you! Our Canvas Admin is new as well, so she's not completely sure about the situation. Do you have any suggestions on how to figure out if her settings are wrong?

If she's new, then I would recommend submitting to Canvas Support. That way they can look it over and let you know what might be happening! This would probably be a good learning experience for both of you! 🙂

Kona

tia_prather
Community Participant

Thank you!

tia_prather
Community Participant

Is there a way I can send my original question to Canvas Support through my profile?

Greetings  @tia_prather  Smiley Happy

Welcome to the Community!

Here are some resources, that I hope prove helpful in getting assistance:

Canvas User Roles and Their Permissions 

Getting Help for Teachers

I agree with  @kona  that perhaps some custom amendments have been made to suit your institutions local instance of Canvas.  Please let us know how this develops! Smiley Happy

Have a SUPER Day!