Issues with deleted discussion posts

Jump to solution
jrm296
Community Novice

I have a discussion board where people can post job openings that are relevant to the group. I delete posts after the application deadline has passed, but the replies on page 2 don't get bumped up to page 1 when that happens. At this point, all of the earliest replies have been deleted, and Page 1 (the default view) shows as being completely blank (see screenshot). I know students can either page over or toggle to show unread posts (which will show them earlier), but the fewer steps they have to take, the better!

Is there a way to change this so that a) the students' default view shows unread posts, or b) non-deleted posts move up to the top? Or some other solution I'm not seeing here?

0 Likes
1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jrm296 , greetings! This is an interesting question that I've never heard before. I honestly don't think I realized Canvas discussions would bump out to multiple pages. Have you contacted Canvas Support about this to see if they have any insight into this (Help link in Canvas --> Repor a Problem)? Otherwise, you could create a feature idea for this in the Community - Ideas‌.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Likes