cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valarie_a_wittm
Community Participant

Issues with use the Move feature within Modules

Jump to solution

Hi, all. When I duplicate an item (page, discussion, etc.) within a module, then go to move the copy to its new home, I get the following behavior:

1) Error message displays. 260908_canvasMoveError.jpg

2) The object moves anyway, but always to the bottom of the new module, not positioned where I selected in the drop down (the Before...After... options)

3) In the new Module, I can't grab the move handles to shift it into position until I first open the object. Once I close it, the object moves into the position as directed in the Move panel. This has occurred with duplicated/moved pages, discussions and assignments.

Using the most current version of Firefox, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've had an update to say engineers are aware and a fix is due to be deployed 12th Dec! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @valarie_a_wittm ...

I tried re-creating your steps in my own sandbox course, and I was unable to reproduce the error.  I tried duplicating both a Discussion topic and a Page, and when I used the options to move them to Modules I already had created, they moved exactly to where I told them to...not placed at the bottom of the module.  I would recommend that you reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk so that they can help investigate this issue further.  You can find their contact information by clicking on the "Help" icon on the left side of your Canvas environment.  If you "Report a Problem", be sure that you are on the screen where you're experiencing the issue prior to clicking on "Report a Problem" because it will send some additional metadata along with your ticket for the technician to see.  Good luck, Valarie!

natalie_norton1
Community Champion

Also getting this error - reported!

I'm having the same issue with a new course.  Never had the problem before. I'm wondering if it's because the course was copied from another.  It was only the first time to copy it.  I also reported.

I've had an update to say engineers are aware and a fix is due to be deployed 12th Dec! 

View solution in original post