cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_griffith
Community Member

Item banks Sharing Course Sharing extend to course copies

Would it be possible for course sharing of item banks to be inherited as copies are made from the original course?

That is, if I share a bank to a master course (or a live course), that bank does not show as a course bank for any subsequent copies of that master or prior live course.

The only way I can see to currently "automate" the sharing of banks is to do so at the institution level. At first glance, it seems intuitive to want bank to course sharing to travel with later generations of that original course.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hi David,

Sorry, I'm not clear, are you asking about how Canvas currently functions or are you making a suggestion about how it should function differently?

In a sense both. 

I assume that is not possible, but I would like to confirm. If it were possible now, I wanted to test how it behaves across copies.

If it is not possible now, I will want to consider benefits or risks before even creating a new feature request.

@david_griffith  The product manager for New Quizzes is in the process of gathering information from our members, so as part of your investigation consider reading through the thread at  Sunsetting Classic Quizzes Q&A. Also, should you decide to compose a new idea conversation, please be sure to focus it on New Quizzes only: our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation.