cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtuten
Community Contributor

K-12 Using UDOIT

Hi all,

I have posted this in the Accessibility Group, but in the hope of getting more responses, I'm reposting this here.

I'm working with  @karen_tinsley-k  at UCF to gather some data about K-12 Institutions' use of UDOIT.  

If you don't know what UDOIT is, you probably can't answer this question, but you can check out the following resources to learn more about it.

For those of you who can answer this question, could you reply to this topic and provide the following information?

• Institution/School's name
  • State/Province where school is located
  • Your role at the institution
  • One or more of the following:
    • What were your or your institution's attitudes towards digital accessibility before UDOIT? Did UDOIT change it? How?
    • What do you or what does your institution think about UDOIT?
    • Who uses UDOIT at your Institution? (Instructional Designers? Faculty?)

Thanks so much for your help.

4 Replies
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

mtuten
Community Contributor

sad panda

No other replies?

kevinw
Community Contributor

Hi Michelle, 

I can give you half the answer you are looking for. We are a content to provider and we provide a course to Texas public schools. Accessibility is of the utmost importance to us. Unfortunately, even after correct installation we could never get UDOIT to function properly. Even the staff at UCF, as helpful as they tried to be, could not resolve our issues. It would function on certain courses, and not others. As far as I know I am the only one in the community who has had this issue. It is still unresolved. So that is my disclaimer. 

As a content provider UDOIT would have made our lives very easy. We are required by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to submit a report of our courses accessibility. UDOIT's reports that it returned would have more than sufficed us. However we had to find a different solution and so we used sitemorse. It was a huge pain in the neck but we passed our accessibility audit.

For those of you who can answer this question, could you reply to this topic and provide the following information?

• Institution/School's name
    • Financial Mentors of America
  • State/Province where school is located
    • Texas
  • Your role at the institution
    • Admin, Course Designer, Trainer
  • One or more of the following:
    • What were your or your institution's attitudes towards digital accessibility before UDOIT? Did UDOIT change it? How?
      • Not applicable
    • What do you or what does your institution think about UDOIT?
      • I absolutely loved the idea and so did our staff. It would have saved us time and resources. 
    • Who uses UDOIT at your Institution? (Instructional Designers? Faculty?)
      • Myself and the other course designer would have used it on a daily basis.
mtuten
Community Contributor

Sorry to hear that UDOIT didn't work correctly for you, but thanks so much for your input!