tbelcher

Keep Canvas from jumping to Module that I move a page to

Jump to solution

I need to move a lot of pages from one module to other modules using the "Move To" feature. When I do this, Canvas jumps to the destination module. This is inconvenient because I need to move a lot of pages and I don't want to have to scroll back up to the source Module for each next page I am moving. Any way to make it stop jumping tot he destination Module?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @tbelcher 

That is frustrating, and I've been there.  I use Cengage MindTap and I know what you mean about moving the assignments. 

Two things I do.  One, I collapse the modules I don't need.  At the top of the modules page, you can collapse all, then only open the modules you need to, or don't even open them at all.  It should reduce the amount of scrolling. 

Another thing.  When I import/integrate the links from Cengage, they are added to the assignments page, as that is really where they exist.  The links in the modules are only shortcuts to the assignments.  You will want to check on this to make sure it's the same for your integration, but it should be.  If so, you can add the imported assignment links using the Add button for each module.  When you do this, you can select multiple assignments at the same time, so you could go from module to module and add them that way, then just delete the module they were imported into and these shortcuts should be deleted.

I would definitely test this first.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tbelcher

Some more context:

I have imported "Deep Links" representing assignments for the semester after integrating Cengage WebAssign into Canvas. I need to move items like "1.1 Homework, 1.1-1 Quiz" etc into the 1.1 Module and so on. There are 107 of these. I don't want to keep scrolling back up to the Cengage Module, I want to just keep clicking and sending the items where they need to go. The interface is seriously slowing me down and I don't know a faster way to move all the items where they should be.

0 Kudos

Hello @tbelcher ...

I can totally see where scrolling up and down constantly can get to be annoying and taking up time.  Have you considered temporarily moving the two modules closer to each other than further apart (which I'm assuming is what your current setup is)?  If you moved the modules closer together, then moved your items from module to module, you could then move the module back to where it was before.  How do I move or reorder a module?

I'm not sure if I completely interpreted your question correctly or not, so I apologize in advance if I did not understand your question and posted unhelpful info.  Hopefully, this will be of some help to you, though.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, but this is not a practical solution. It would just increase the amount of work that I need to do shuffling and scrolling.

I have a module for each section of the textbook. (Over 25 modules)

Each of those modules has a homework assignment and several quizzes.

When I import the deep links from Cengage WebAssign, it creates all of those items in a single module. They need to be moved to their correct locations. This is well over 50 items. I need to be able to quickly click each imported item and send them to the correct module. The page jumping down to the destination module means I have to scroll back up to the WebAssign module each time. This is very time consuming.

0 Kudos
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @tbelcher 

That is frustrating, and I've been there.  I use Cengage MindTap and I know what you mean about moving the assignments. 

Two things I do.  One, I collapse the modules I don't need.  At the top of the modules page, you can collapse all, then only open the modules you need to, or don't even open them at all.  It should reduce the amount of scrolling. 

Another thing.  When I import/integrate the links from Cengage, they are added to the assignments page, as that is really where they exist.  The links in the modules are only shortcuts to the assignments.  You will want to check on this to make sure it's the same for your integration, but it should be.  If so, you can add the imported assignment links using the Add button for each module.  When you do this, you can select multiple assignments at the same time, so you could go from module to module and add them that way, then just delete the module they were imported into and these shortcuts should be deleted.

I would definitely test this first.  

Did anyone find a real solution to this?

It's a really frustrating issue.

0 Kudos