LTI 1.3/Advantage login_required issue

Jump to solution
sangeethaj03
Community Member

I am trying to implementing LTI1.3 external tool. I have added the tool's URL in canvas and calling Canvas authorization end point https://my_canvas_instance/api/lti/authorize_redirect as get method with the required parameters (login_hint, redirect_uri, client_id, state, lti_message_hint, prompt, nonce, response_type, response_mode, scope). 

Once the end point is called, Canvas redirects to Tool's redirect URI with error as 'login_required' and error description as 'Must have an active user session'.

I have verified my client_id. Everything looks fine. But, this error still occurs. Can someone help me out?

0 Likes
1 Solution

@matthew_buckett - The issue is resolved. A big thanks to you for spending time in resolving my issues.

In my canvas instance, dynami_settings.yml file was missing. So, I did a copy of .example file using command cp dyanmic_settings.yml.example dynamic_settings.yml. Also, I edited the dynamic_settings.yml file by changing 'development' section to 'production' section. Then, I did a restart to my canvas instance using command opt/bitnami ctlscript.sh restart. 

On clearing browser cache, login_required error was resolved and I got the id_token from canvas in my redirect_uri.

Thank you very much for guiding me through my issues.

View solution in original post