LTI Tool misconfigured

Jump to solution
schuelcc
Community Member

Some of our teachers are getting this message when using Speed Grader and some students are receiving it when submitting assignments.  "Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canvas Admin." When I look at the app configurations. It appears I have two Google Apps entries.  In fact, there are double entries for several Apps.  Could that be causing the problem?

Should I delete 1 of each?  Should I delete both and add a new one?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @schuelcc  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  It almost sounds like the Google LTI has been added both at the account level and at the course level (I would assume this might be the case for the other LTIs that you are seeing listed twice, too.)  And, I *think* this may be the issue.  Generally speaking, I don't believe that you'd need to have a LTI set up at the course level if it's already set up at the account level.  If the LTI is set up at the account level, then all courses at your school would have access to it in their own courses (whether they wanted to use it or not).

There is a LTI Report you can run at the account level to see what courses are using LTIs:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12627-421480121 

Hope this helps, Cara.

View solution in original post

0 Likes