Late Assignment Policy Settings- Add a weekly option please and allow an input

Jump to solution
tjonas
Community Member

Question/request about the new late assignment policy settings in the grade book-

this is a great addition to the gradebook, 

I have this built into my rubric right now,

but it would be great if the gradebook could automatically deduct those late points from an assignment.

However, current options/settings for this feature make it almost unusable - 

Most instructors (that I know at least) deduct late points on a weekly basis- not hourly or daily!

Also, as of right now, you cannot input the number of days or hours that the setting would apply to.

It would be great if:

• You could add a weekly option

• there was a field to input the number of hours, days or weeks that it would deduct,

• There was the option to input a cut-off date, as many instructors have a time limit for accepting late assignments.

Please add a weekly option and a field to input how many hours, days, or weeks it will deduct.

A cut-off option would be great too.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tjonas ...

It sounds like what you are asking would be better for a new Feature Request here in the Community.  But, you appear to have many requests in this one posting.  What you'd want to do is review the following documents and then create one Feature Idea for each of your requests.  But, before you submit these Feature Idea requests, you would want to search the Community to ensure that existing Feature Ideas don't already exist.  (This is to avoid duplication of ideas.)  If you don't find what you are looking for, then you can submit a new Feature Idea for the Community to evaluate.  Here are the documents to review:

I hope this will help, Tim.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post