cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rulven
Community Participant

Limit all students to only view other users in the same course section globally?

I know this can be done on an individual student level but is there a way to change the default permission to "only view other users in their same section"?

6 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@rulven , I've shared your question with the Canvas Admins​ group to see if someone there has managed student permissions in this fashion.

rulven
Community Participant

Thanks, Stefanie! I appreciate it!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rulven ​...

I wanted to check in with you since you first posted this question in early May.  Have you been able to find any additional help with your question?  If so, would you mind sharing what you've learned by posting a message here?  If you're still looking for help, feel free to indicate that, too.  I'll tag your message with some keywords so that it can get some additional exposure here in the Canvas Community.  Hope this helps, Admin 12.

buddyhall
Community Champion

Hi  @rulven ​,

I don't think this can currently be done, but I wanted to make sure you were aware about this other discussion happening that may have some useful information: New FERPA requirements for cross-listed courses!

Thanks!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@rulven ​,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.

Robbie

scrider
Community Member

Do we have a solution yet? In a SPED course, where it is not cross-listed, but students need not see each other, is there a faster way to set this type of FERPA compliance?  I created my sections, but now I have to go down through 20+ kids and limit their use?

Tags (2)