Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smart_89
Community Member

Limiting Audio Playback in Canvas Quizzes

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm working with an instructor to build a language placement test in the Quizzes tool. The current version of the test includes a listening section. Students are only allowed to play each audio file three times, a feature that is very important to the instructor. So far, I've been unable to find a way to limit audio playback on Canvas, either through the LMS's audio player or through an embeddable solution. 

Has anyone had experience adding these kinds of limitations to audio playback in Canvas, and if so, what worked well for you? 

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
smart_89
Community Member

Thank you for the assistance,  @kona ! 

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@smart_89 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

jpchilcote
Community Member

I don't think this was solved. Is there a way to limit audio playback? I teach music theory and want students to play short audio clips a limited number of times. Is there a way to do this, or a way to set a time limit on individual questions within a quiz? Thanks.