Limiting Group Submissions

Jump to solution
sarah-canatsey
Community Participant

I'm asking this question to clarify what I think I've figured out, so bear with me if this has been answered. 

Is there a way to prevent other group members from submitting a group assignment after someone in the group has done it? I have faculty who are getting several submissions and trying to figure out which is the "official" group document is annoying. 

Doesn't this seem to be a more practical use of the "group leader" role than managing group name and members?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @sarah-canatsey  - No, there is not....and I completely agree with you that this would be a good added "duty" for the otherwise relatively meaningless role (in my humble opinion) of a group leader, especially a group leader in a group that the faculty member creates/adds members to.  I hunted around for an existing Feature Idea related to that to no avail, so perhaps you'd consider creating one!  (How does the feature idea process work in the Canvas Community?  )  

On the other hand, I think that the issue of multiple submissions to a group assignment, in general, could be solved with this existing Feature Idea:  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1799-restrict-assignment-submission-attempts . I encourage you to add a comment to and vote that idea up, even though there is an indication that Canvas will be working on it...which is good news!  Even though group assignments are not mentioned specifically, assuming this would also apply to a group assignment then this could be solved by limiting the assignment to one submission.

I hope this helps a bit, Sarah.

View solution in original post