cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jean-nicole_nas
Community Member

Limiting Student Interactions to Section

Is there a way to limit student interactions to only those in their section without manually going into each student's user details?

5 Replies
valentinesking
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Nikki,

I don't think this is currently a feature, on a large scale. I know there have been discussions in the community about limiting peer reviews and assignments within specific sections; https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8148-respecting-sections-when-automatically-assigning-peer-rev... .

There is also an interesting conversation on FERPA and cross-listed courses that might of interest to you; I usually find value from reading some of the comments: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/11133-new-ferpa-requirements-for-cross-listed-courses 

tross
Community Champion

There is an option that can be applied when your imports are run but there is not a way I can find for an instructor to set for there clase.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, jean-nicole.nash...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because we've not heard back from you since you first posted this question on November 1, 2017.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received from  @valentinesking  and tross?  If so, did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some assistance from members of the Community with your question?  If you feel that the feedback from Sky or Teri has helped to answer your question, please go ahead and mark one of their replies as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread to post an update below so that someone may be able to help you.  I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this subject.  I hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you, Nikki.

hcrain
Community Member

@chofer I added my students to my course and forgot to check the box that says "limit student interactions to their section." Is there a way to mass edit this after the fact? Thank you! Holly 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@hcrain ...

I'm not sure on that one, Holly.  But, I am hopeful that someone else here in the Community might be able to help answer your question.  Good luck!