Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsloman

Linking courses

Jump to solution

Can you link courses?  If you can.  How do you do it?

Thanks Elvis

1 Solution
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @lsloman 

As you've worked out, you can add a hyperlink in a page that points to the home page (or any other page/content item) in another course. However, there is something to be aware of: for the links to work, your students will need to be enrolled on both courses or the target course needs to be public. If a student on the first course clicks a link that points to a page in a second course where they are not enrolled, they will see an error message.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @lsloman ​...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "link courses".  Are you talking about creating links inside one course that point to content in another course?  Are you talking about cross-listing (some people may refer to this as "stacking") two or more courses together?  Can you please elaborate on your original question so I can try to answer your question?

Thanks...

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I'm new to canvas and just trying to find my way around.

As soon as I posted my question I realised I could just link the pages in one course to another. Easy.

And now I'll need to work out what "stacking" is.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @lsloman 

As you've worked out, you can add a hyperlink in a page that points to the home page (or any other page/content item) in another course. However, there is something to be aware of: for the links to work, your students will need to be enrolled on both courses or the target course needs to be public. If a student on the first course clicks a link that points to a page in a second course where they are not enrolled, they will see an error message.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I've used Canvas since 2012 and never heard the term "stacking" related to Canvas or course building. Where are you seeing that term or information?

Hi  @lsloman ​...

Sorry for any confusion about the term "stacked".  This is a term that we sometimes use at our Technical College when two or more courses are combined together.  You won't really find that terminology anywhere in Canvas.  Again, apologies if I created any confusion.